With approximately 350 million native speakers, Spanish is the fourth most widely spoken language in the world. It is spoken in most countries in Central and South America, as well as in Spain, Cuba, and United States. While the official language of 20 countries, it is spoken by groups of various sizes in more than 20 other countries. As an Indo-European language of the Italic branch, Spanish is the linguistic descendant of Latin, the language of the Romans who once occupied the Iberian Peninsula. The language spread throughout the world during Spain's age of colonialism. Below are some benefits:
- Communicate with 350 million native Spanish speakers worldwide.
- Communicate with Spanish-speaking people at home specially if moving to the US
- Learn Spanish to enhance your travel experiences.
- Use Spanish to improve your employment potential.
- Learn Spanish to improve your knowledge of your own language i.e. English
- Learn Spanish to prepare for study abroad opportunities.
- Better appreciate Spanish-speaking cultures.
- Learning Spanish makes acquiring the next foreign language easier.
- Gain access to Spanish art, music, literature and film.